5 Ways to Jumpstart Your Home Renovation
Whether you're hiring a contractor or starting a DIY home removation project, getting started is the hardest part. After years of helping people clear items from their homes, let 2016 be the year you tackle that home improvement project you've been putting off.
1. Select One Project- It's easy to get carried away with the idea of renovating your entire house. Begin by selecting one project area that you want to work on before you continue to add additional projects. Don't let the project of installing a new kitchen sink turn into upgrading all the kitchen appliances, replacing all the cabinets, installing new floors.
2. Set a Budget- After selecting your renovation project, determine the budget that you can afford before you start shopping for materials and equipment. The dollars can quickly add up once the project begins and unforseen costs can present themselves during the process. Add an additional 10% to your estimated budget to give yourself a financial cushion for costs along the way.
3. Hire a Professional or DIY? For projects requiring a permit, hire a professional. Not sure you want to commit to an entire project by yourself- do not hesitate to at least get the opinion of a professional. Maybe hiring a professional for just part of the job will help you save money while maintaining the flexibility you want from doing the project yourself?
4. Do Your Research- Make sure you know the entire process of the renovation before you begin! If you are unsure of some of the steps, have an escape plan (maybe hiring a professional afterall). Youtube, Pinterest, and Google do a good job of getting a project started, but may fail you when trying to fix an unplanned problem.
5. Consider Hiring Someone for Demolition & Hauling. A simple way to finally committ to a renovation is to hire someone for demolition. You will save yourself the hassle of renting a dumpster and can gain a fresh start sooner by utilizing their experience.
Updating a kitchen or bathroom? Let Schott Services of Indianapolis rip out your old and outdated cabinets, tile, flooring, and drywall. Whether it's wood, plaster, metal, plastic, vinyl, or other construction debris, we can remove and haul away all unwanted materials while preserving any appliances, lighting, or other furniture you want to keep. Our completed jobs will leave you with a clean foundation to tackle your home removation project!
Contact Us at (317) 784-8760 for a free estimate to get your remodeling project started on the right foot! Let Schott Services remove and haul away your unwanted materials.